Washburn's World

My take on the world. My wife often refers to this as the WWW (Weird World of Washburn)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Wisconsin, United States

I am a simple country boy transplanted from the Piehl Township in northern Wisconsin to the Milwaukee metropolitan area who came down "sout" in 1980 for college and have stayed in the area since.
If this blog is something you wish to support, consider a donation.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Red Lake, Minnesota School Shootings

My quick reaction when I heard the story on the news this morning, was which SSRI was THIS shooter on?

Every school shooter since the mid 1980's who was a 21 or younger was also on an Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibator. SSRI's are the anti-depressants known by the various brand names: Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Luvox, Effexor,Serzone, etc. Regardless of the brand name these are best thought of as SSRI or Prozac, Prozac 2 (Zoloft), Prozac 3 (Luvox), etc.

Here is my prediction: today or tomorrow a small notice at the end of 12 column-inches of story about how bad guns are and how Jeff Weisse loved Hitler will be the throwaway line: "he had been prescribed anti-depressants". If we are lucky the throwaway line will be: "he had been prescribed the anti-depressant [fill in the SSRI or combination of SSRI's]"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home