Washburn's World

My take on the world. My wife often refers to this as the WWW (Weird World of Washburn)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Wisconsin, United States

I am a simple country boy transplanted from the Piehl Township in northern Wisconsin to the Milwaukee metropolitan area who came down "sout" in 1980 for college and have stayed in the area since.
If this blog is something you wish to support, consider a donation.

Monday, April 02, 2007

A Public Apology

Last week I sent an email to the county clerk of Pierce County, Wisconsin and several of the municipal clerks within the county. In the letter I falsely stated that Voting Technologies International (VTI) was bankrupt.

This statement was incorrect.

VTI is still very much in business and I visited the office at 757 North Broadway last Friday, March 29, 2007. I spoke briefly with Mr. Anthony Boldin, CEO of VTI, and was able to apologize in person for my incorrect assertion that VTI was bankrupt. I also sent an apology email to the clerks of Pierce County, Wisconsin.

This blog entry is to further publicize my retraction of this statement regarding VTI.

I sincerely apologize to Mr. Anthony Boldin, to the clerk of Pierce County, Mr. Jamie Feuerhelm, and to the municipal clerks whom I woried unecessarily last week.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did he say anything about his other company AtomicPark.com? They haven't been picking up phone calls for about two weeks. Is it AtomicPark.com which is bankrupt?

Wed Apr 04, 02:37:00 PM CDT  
Blogger John Washburn said...

No, I do not think Atomic Park is bankrupt. I could find no bankruptcy filings for Boldin, for Atomic Park, or Voting Technologies International.

Hence my apology.

As for the financial health of Atomic Park, I don't know. I was interested only in talking about the estimated time to deliver the NASED ITA reports to the State of Wisconsin.

We only spoke about VTI, Voting Equipment, Black Box Voting, and NASED ITA testing.

Sorry I can't be any help on the Atomic Park front.

Wed Apr 04, 07:50:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was employed by AtomicPark.com until March. When I left, all VTI personnel had been laid off or quit over ethical issues. Most did not get paid. The office they had been renting had been closed. Whatever operations remained moved back to the 757 Broadway offices. But by the time you visited, even AtomicPark's operations were limping along. They've been sued by Microsoft and have had bank accounts frozen. I assume you didn't see many employees.

Mon May 07, 10:20:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may want to review the Wikipedia entry on AtomicPark.com before placing any additional orders. Due to vendors revoking credit lines, banks cancelling business loans, questionable licensing violations leading to lawsuits and public mistrust, bounced paychecks leading to mass resignations (90%), unpaid wages leading to legal action by the State of Wisconsin, and customers starting to receive Buy.com merchandise in Atomicpark.com shipments, it is incredible that AtomicPark remains in business to this day.

Tue Jun 12, 01:49:00 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a former employee at AtomicPark. He is a shady businessman. I worked in the recieving part of the business. I did point out many discrepencies with bad product. And he said put it on the shelf and let it get shipped. I quit in 2004 and moved out of state 8 months before they got raided by the FBI.

Mon Dec 29, 02:39:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home