Washburn's World

My take on the world. My wife often refers to this as the WWW (Weird World of Washburn)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Wisconsin, United States

I am a simple country boy transplanted from the Piehl Township in northern Wisconsin to the Milwaukee metropolitan area who came down "sout" in 1980 for college and have stayed in the area since.
If this blog is something you wish to support, consider a donation.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Canvass: Quick hits on today and beyond

The county canvass is still not done as of 11:30 am today. No reason was given as to the delay.

I finally got copies of the machine tapes for my 5 targeted wards (39, 44, 258, 260, and 312). The numbers on the ballot tapes printed on April 5, 2004 matched those in all 10 poll lists. No ballots box stuffing in those 5 wards.

No explanation yet why the 2 poll lists for City Ward 260 are not signed properly or why some of the numbers in the 10 poll lists are in pencil and some are in pen.

There is a write-in tally sheet for City of Milwaukee ward 188. It is signed by 3 people. At no time during the 20 minutes I was allowed to observe the canvass was this tally performed. Further, the 4 non-chief inspectors left at 8:20 pm. Who are the 3 people who signed this part of the record of the offical canvass? Creating false canvass records is a felony in Wisconsin which can get you 3-1/2 years.

I was told by the Melanie Swank, from the Milwaukee City Attorney's office, the city election commission cannot fulfill my open records request because the Federal Prosecutor and the Milwaukee District Attorney's office have taken physical possession of every record held by the City of Milwaukee Election Commission for the general election of November 2, 2004. I re-submitted my OR request to the DA's office asking for polling list log pages, inspectors' reports (EB-104's) and machine tape reports for 8 wards of the City of Milwaukee.

I am looking forward to the next demonstration of the touch-screen fraud machines by Diebold, Sequoia and ES & S. None of the 3 machines meet the requirement of 5.91(18). I would argue neither does the Populex system since the ballot printed is printed only in the machine-readable barcode PDF417.

I am pursuing my lobbying of the Wisconsin State Senate Special Committee on Election Law Review to add language to the requirements of voting machines prohibit internet-enabled voting machinery.

An last is my update of the testing guidelines I promised

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your letter of April 18 to Janice Dunn and the Special Committee on Election Law Review did not mention modems. Do you think modems should be forbidden for polling place tabulators? Are there currently some modems in Wisconsin used to transmit results to the clerk's office?

Paul Malischke
malischke@yahoo.com

Sun May 15, 06:41:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home