Washburn's World

My take on the world. My wife often refers to this as the WWW (Weird World of Washburn)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Wisconsin, United States

I am a simple country boy transplanted from the Piehl Township in northern Wisconsin to the Milwaukee metropolitan area who came down "sout" in 1980 for college and have stayed in the area since.
If this blog is something you wish to support, consider a donation.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

ES&S Withdraws Application for Certification

This is the email I recieved from D. Richard Rasmussen yesterday.

All:

I look forward to seeing everyone in Sun Prairie tomorrow, Wednesday July 27, 2005 to review the Populex Digital Paper Ballot voting system.

However, the demonstration set for Friday morning has been canceled. ES&S has formally withdrawn their application for approval of electronic equipment. They have informed me that they intend to re-apply at a later date. Their letter of withdrawal is posted on our website at: withdrawl letter.

I will be in Sun Prairie all day tomorrow, but would be happy to answer questions about this when we convene in the afternoon, thank you.

D. Richard Rasmussen
Wisconsin State Elections Board
Ph: (608) 267-3666 | Fax: (608) 267-0500
elections.state.wi.us


I actually cheered when I learned of the withdrawl of ES&S. Go riddance to bad rubbish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home