Washburn's World

My take on the world. My wife often refers to this as the WWW (Weird World of Washburn)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Wisconsin, United States

I am a simple country boy transplanted from the Piehl Township in northern Wisconsin to the Milwaukee metropolitan area who came down "sout" in 1980 for college and have stayed in the area since.
If this blog is something you wish to support, consider a donation.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Uncertified Voting Equiptment?

What is really bugging me now that I am digging into it is the phrase: "...except for those from the city of Hartford, where voters still push a lever to select a candidate and a machine tallies the votes." from this article in the Washington / Ozaukee section of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

WI state statute 5.91(18) clearly states no voting machine can be certified if it does not produce a piece of paper. Chapter 5.91 sets the minimum standards for certification of ballots and machines used in Wisconsin.

How this piece of uncertifable equipment even in use?

Is this the WI State Election Board and Kevin Kennedy asleep at the switch?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home