Washburn's World

My take on the world. My wife often refers to this as the WWW (Weird World of Washburn)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Wisconsin, United States

I am a simple country boy transplanted from the Piehl Township in northern Wisconsin to the Milwaukee metropolitan area who came down "sout" in 1980 for college and have stayed in the area since.
If this blog is something you wish to support, consider a donation.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Milwaukee Election Problems Are Solved

According to the testimony given by Neil Albrecht before Congress last week, all of the problems of the November 2, 2004 election have be satisfactorily explained.

Here is the testimony of the assistant director of the Milwaukee Election Commission, Mr. Neil Albrecht in his own words:

Here is the whole of the testimony given that day so you can check on the faithfulness of the excerpt.[the original link from Congress has gone 404 as has the testimony of the first panel. The link here is of part two and is two hours long. Sorry for the broken link -- jww]

I know the final report of the Joint Task force is not an open record because I have already filed an open records request for the final report Mr. Albrecht references in his sworn testimony. The final report has been classified as an unpublished draft by the Milwaukee County District Attorney. Because the unpublished final report is a draft document it is exempt from disclosure because draft documents are not records under WI Stats. 19.32(2).

According to Mr. Albrecht, all of these discrepancies as I reported earlier have been explained? I don't think so.

This is why I wanted the final report of the joint task force between the US Attorney and the Milwaukee County DA. I want explanations, but I want them in public, not in a some report which is on double, secret probation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The link "whole of the testimony" pulls up a video of a hearing on the construction of the US capitol.

Thu Nov 22, 09:32:00 AM CST  
Blogger John Washburn said...

I had a typo in the URL is used as the link.

Unfortunately the link to the whole 3 hours of testimony from November 9, 2007 has gone 404 on the CHA site.

I have repaired the link in the original posting to point at the two hours of testimony found in the second part of the testimony for that day.

I appologize for the error and hope the repair holds.

Thu Nov 22, 11:18:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home