Washburn's World

My take on the world. My wife often refers to this as the WWW (Weird World of Washburn)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Wisconsin, United States

I am a simple country boy transplanted from the Piehl Township in northern Wisconsin to the Milwaukee metropolitan area who came down "sout" in 1980 for college and have stayed in the area since.
If this blog is something you wish to support, consider a donation.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Praise for Russ Feingold.

In my zeal to connect the historical dots, my article on the abominable FISA Renewal forgot to mention that on this topic Wisconsin can be proud of its junior Senator, Russ Feingold.

On the immorality of warrantless searches, the immorality of secret evidence presented in star chambers, and the immorality of ex post facto immunity, there has been no greater, vocal, or articulate critic of this destruction of the rule of law than Senator Russ Feingold.

I often don't agree with the policies of Senator Feingold. That all the more reason to praise him when he gets it right and more importantly gets it right for the correct reasons.

I am deeply sorry I have not given Feingold the praise he deserves on this topic and I am greatful my friend Paul for reminding of my lapse.

On the FISA renewal and its unwinding of our lawful Republic into an lawless empire, Russ Feingold got it right, got it right for the correct reasons, and, most important, fought against this abomination to the American character with all of his effort.

Thank you Senator Feingold. On the matter of FISA, you have made this Wisconsinite proud to call you my Senator.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. One at-a-boy does not equal 100s of oh @#$%s and shouldn't be given. Possibly the worst Senator this state has ever had and only equaled by his do nothing, never seen partner. Or is it that you slipped and your true colors I finally being shown ........ ummmmmm??

Fri Jul 25, 10:24:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home