Washburn's World

My take on the world. My wife often refers to this as the WWW (Weird World of Washburn)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Wisconsin, United States

I am a simple country boy transplanted from the Piehl Township in northern Wisconsin to the Milwaukee metropolitan area who came down "sout" in 1980 for college and have stayed in the area since.
If this blog is something you wish to support, consider a donation.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Tabletop Trebuchet

Not everything in my life is election records, reviving the Republican party, or messing with Texas.

One of the more pleasant aspects of my life is being an assistant scout master of a local boy scout troop. Recently, our troop hosted a clinic for WeBeLoS to earn their engineering activity pin. For the catapult requirement, the boys built a table top version of a trebuchet. Replacing the sling with a bucket was a simplicifation in order for 18 boys to complete the construction within 2 hours.

I thought others might enjoy pictures of the final product. The dimesions are 15.5 inches in length, 13.5 inches high, 13 inches wide, and the swing arm is 20 inches. The boys then hurled stale marshmallows all about the room.

Click on the picture see the whole Flickr set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home