Washburn's World

My take on the world. My wife often refers to this as the WWW (Weird World of Washburn)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Wisconsin, United States

I am a simple country boy transplanted from the Piehl Township in northern Wisconsin to the Milwaukee metropolitan area who came down "sout" in 1980 for college and have stayed in the area since.
If this blog is something you wish to support, consider a donation.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Texas EMails are in

Yesterday I recieved the first CD-ROM of the emails of the Governors Office responsive to my November 6, 2007 PIR, which have not been appealed to the Texas Attorney General for exemption.

This certified letter like all the others from the Office of the Governor arrived inspite of the fact that the envelopes do not contain a street address. I would like to personally thank my local postmaster and postal carrier

There were 1993 files occupying 233 MB. My first question is where are the other 3,000 to 6,000 emails the $568 dolars was supposedly paying for? The Governor's office estimated the emails for Friday November 2, 2007 to Monday, November 5, 2007 numbered between 5,000 and 8,000. Either the estimating process faulty or the Governor's office sent 3-6 thousand emails to the Office of the Attorney General for review as per this letter.

I am currently sorting through the files to see if they are responsive and, if not, why not.

My inital impression is that the set is not very responsive because email attachments were stripped even though attachments were part of the PIR. Also this was considered an email and responsive. Yes, you saw correctly. A screen shot of various .MSG icons was considered the same as providing the emails contained in those .MSG files.

The most charitable description I can give is that these files (most are PDF versions of email text cut and pasted into an MS Word doc) is that the organization is chaotic.

Working on the inventory at this time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good show.

Now try to do a request for their INDEX.DAT files and see them scream like stuck pigs.

(Hidden Surfing records for last 90 days maintained secretly courtesy of Microsoft OS)

Wed Jan 30, 12:00:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home