Washburn's World

My take on the world. My wife often refers to this as the WWW (Weird World of Washburn)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Wisconsin, United States

I am a simple country boy transplanted from the Piehl Township in northern Wisconsin to the Milwaukee metropolitan area who came down "sout" in 1980 for college and have stayed in the area since.
If this blog is something you wish to support, consider a donation.

Friday, September 09, 2005

No response on open request for Diebold

On the Diebold in Wisconsin front.

D. Richard Rasmussen is no longer with the WI SEB staff.  This is a great loss.  My dealing with him were limited but he was exceptionally competent and diligent is his work. Not many people take software testing as seriously and methodically as he did.

I spoke with the legal counsel, George Dunst today.  He thought I had  received a response to my request.  I had not.  When he check for me, I was informed the woman to whom the request had been forwarded was awaiting a response for Diebold.  She was having Diebold vett my request to determine if the OR request was for any proprietary or trade secret information.  I specificially only asked for information Diebold is required to give the SEB staff as part of the application process.  SEE: section 7.01(1)(e) of ElBd7

These are the regulations promulgated by the WI State Election Board itself. My teeth grind at this. And to think I said nice things about Kevin Kennedy going to a (Diebold/ES&S/Sequoia)-Funded National Conference at the Election Center.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Between this and your Texas experience, I'd have to say that Diebold is running a shady operation.

Say, did you check this morning's fishwrap? In separate stories, they report on the Legislative Audit Bureao's finding of major irregularities statewide (report here) and that the state will miss federal deadlines on both the statewide voter list (already extended once) and HAVA-compliant voting machines.

Sat Sep 17, 01:03:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home