Washburn's World

My take on the world. My wife often refers to this as the WWW (Weird World of Washburn)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Wisconsin, United States

I am a simple country boy transplanted from the Piehl Township in northern Wisconsin to the Milwaukee metropolitan area who came down "sout" in 1980 for college and have stayed in the area since.
If this blog is something you wish to support, consider a donation.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Opening a Texas Front

Since AccuPoll wants to sell stuff in Wisconsin, I thought it prudent to ask a current customer of AccuPoll exactly what is it you get with this integrated DRE. Here is my open records request (PIA request in Texas lingo) to the county clerk of Erath county, Texas.


[Redacted]
Germantown, WI 53022
September 2, 2005

Gwinda Jones, Erath County Clerk
100 W Washington
Stephenville, TX 76401

Dear Ms. Jones

This is a Public Information Access request pursuant to Texas Statute 552.

Background:
On June 21, 2005, in the magazine, Government Technology, there appeared and article entitled, "Erath County, Texas, to Employ New Voting System". A copy of the article is enclosed with this request. The article announces the execution of a purchase contract between Erath County, Texas and the company AccuPoll for voting equipment for the County. The article makes clear the current contract is subject to pending certification by the State of Texas.

There are two independent testing authorities (ITA) used for certification in the 2002 EAC/FEC/NASED standards for electronic voting equipment. As seen in the enclosed copy of the NASED (now EAC) procedures, theITA's are Ciber Inc. and SysTest Labs, LLC. The electronic version of the NASED/EAC procedures can be found at http://www.nased.org/ITA%20Information/NASEDITAProcess.pdf. The electronic version of the 2002 EAC/FEC/NASED standards to which the AccuPoll system is certified can be found at: http://www.eac.gov/election_resources/vss.html.

Requests:
Each of the following requests are severable and in no way to be considered intertwined. If the production of one request is delayed, itis not interpreted by me to have an impact on the production of the documents for the other requests.

Request 1)  I would like copies of each contract signed where at least one party is Erath County and another party is AccuPoll. This request is limited to 1 year prior the purchase of AccuPoll equipment. I am not interested in any contract signed prior to Midnight of June 21, 2004.

Request 2)  I would like copies of each contract signed where at least one party is Erath County and another party is AmCad, an AccuPoll Partner. This request is limited to 1 year prior the purchase of AccuPoll equipment. I am not interested in any contract signed prior to Midnight of June 21, 2004.


Request 3)  I would like copies of each contract signed where at least one party is Erath County and another party is Scott-Merriman, an AccuPoll Partner. This request is limited to 1 year prior the purchase of AccuPoll equipment. I am not interested in any contract signed prior to Midnight of June 21, 2004.

Request 4)  I would like copies of each contract signed where at least one party is Erath County and another party is Source Technologies, an AccuPoll Partner. This request is limited to 1 year prior the purchase of AccuPoll equipment. I am not interested in any contract signed prior to Midnight of June 21, 2004.

Request 5)  I would like copies of each contract signed where at least one party is Erath County and another party is Unisys, an AccuPoll Partner. This request is limited to 1 year prior the purchase of AccuPoll equipment. I am not interested in any contract signed prior to Midnight of June 21, 2004.


Request 6)  I would like a copy of any document received by Erath County where the author of the document was Ciber, Inc, an employee of Ciber, Inc. or an agent of Ciber, Inc. I am not interested in any documents so authored which were received by the County prior to Midnight of January 1, 2003.


Request 7)  I would like a copy of any document received by Erath County where the author of the document was SysTest Labs, LLC, an employee of SysTest Labs, LLC, or an agent of SysTest Labs, LLC. I am not interested in any documents so authored which were received by the County prior to Midnight of January 1, 2003.


Request 8)  I would like a copy all software license agreement(s) from the vendor, AccuPoll. This request may or may not be covered by request number 1. Even if covered by request 1 this request is to be considered severable from other requests because this request has no time limitation. I am interested in all software license agreement(s)provided by AccuPoll regardless of when such agreement came into the possession of the County.


Request 9)  Since the software from AccuPoll open source software, I would like a copy of the source code. Fulfillment of this request may be done by re-distributed to me of the source code delivered to Erath County. Fulfillment of this request may also be done by distribution of the source code to me directly from AccuPoll. The preferred physical medium of (re)distribution is CD-ROM or DVD-ROM. A URL to an FTP site accessible to me is also an acceptable medium of (re)distribution to fulfill this request. Enclosed is a copy of the legal definition of the term open source regarding the copy of the source code you received from AccuPoll.

You may contact me at the address above for the delivery of the produced documents or the written response regarding such production. You may contact me by telephone regarding the costs of reproduction and shipping the produced documents to me and the details on making payment to the county regarding such. My telephone numbers are: [redacted] or[redacted]

Thank you for your time in this matter.

John Washburn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home