Washburn's World

My take on the world. My wife often refers to this as the WWW (Weird World of Washburn)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Germantown, Wisconsin, United States

I am a simple country boy transplanted from the Piehl Township in northern Wisconsin to the Milwaukee metropolitan area who came down "sout" in 1980 for college and have stayed in the area since.
If this blog is something you wish to support, consider a donation.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

City Election Commission Destroyed Records

The City of Milwaukee Election Commission got a court order and has destroyed 2/3 of the election records which are the subject to my election complaint before the Wisconsin State Elections Board.

I was asked to produce the full report in regards to my reporting of the illegal election official hired and retained by the City of Milwaukee Election Commission for Ward 13 during the February, 15, 2005 election. I only included and retained the cover page of that particular inspectors' report (form EB-104) for my WI SEB complaint.

In order to get the the full inspectors' report I filed an open records request on June 25, 2007

On June 28, 2007, Sue Edman, Executive Director of the City of Milwaukee Election Commission, responded by stating the records were destroyed as per the incorrect statutes.

Today, I asked for the name of the Milwaukee County Circuit Judge who authorized the destruction of these election records under WI Stats 7.23(2). With my emphasis, WI Stats 7.23(2), reads in part:

If there is a demand for a recount, notice of an election contest or any contest or litigation pending with respect to an election, materials may be destroyed and recorders, units or compartments may be cleared or erased only by order of the judge in whose court litigation is pending or if no litigation is pending, by order of any circuit judge for the affected jurisdiction.

Developing...

I will let you know the name of the judge as soon I find out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Hi John,
I just came across your blog for the first time today, and I wanted to congratulate you on your great open records requests. FOI is one of the most useful tools that citizens have for keeping tabs on the government.
Keep up the good work!
Sara/Maverick

Thu Jul 05, 09:50:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home